Summer STEAM is designed for creative and energetic students in grades 5th-8th who want to spend their summer engaged in unique learning experiences that foster creativity to solve real world challenges in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. No two weeks are the same! Our comprehensive approach is built upon a commitment to teamwork and collaboration where educators, parents, and students work together to ensure the student’s success academically and socially.
- Open to all interested boys and girls in grades 5th-8th. No experience in art or science required.
- Space is limited to 100 participants each week for more 1:1 time with artists and teachers.
- Held Monday-Friday.
- Children are grouped according to age. Parent requests may be submitted if you are registering with friends.
- Each group will be led by certified teachers and local high school volunteers.
- Each group will have no more than 5-8 STEAM students.
- Groups will work with up to 4 different artists each week from a variety of artistic mediums such as dance, music, theater, and visual arts.
- Groups will work with a different STEM professional from the community such as architects, engineers, accountants, and computer programmers.
- All staff is First Aid/CPR certified and have passed Fulton County background checks.
- Participants will receive a different camp t-shirt to commemorate each session! STEAM students will enjoy working outside, as well as in air-conditioned rooms inside the school.
- Two weeks prior to your week of STEAM you will receive an information packet via email providing all the information you need regarding drop off, pick up, security, allergies, car tags, grouping, etc.
The use of technology by students enrolled in the S.T.E.A.M. program will be an integral component of all curriculum areas including: design and build camp, basic electronics camp, robotics camp and audio and visual arts.